Friday, May 18, 2007

Back to Socks!

Back in Mar., I attempted to knit my first sock on 2-Cirs. I bought a kit & everything, but I didn't like the yarn & the size 1 needles & everything, so I went to my LYS & bought my first set of Addi Turbos (size 2) & some Opal yarn.

I started out w/a very basic beginner pattern, I don't why, but I decided to cast on 72 sts for the large sock. I make my sweaters in large, so ditto for socks. I took awhile, but I made progress & with a lot of help from my friends & from looking at instructions that came from the sock wizard software that I received for my B-day........I finished the sock! Now....does anyone know where the Jolly Green Giant is??? The sock is definitely 'large". I don't have the heart to rip it out, so I'll keep it around. I cast on the second sock, but this time I used the sock wizard. I did a gauge swatch, & this time, the sock wizard says that I need to cast on 60 sts. We shall see....I hope that this other sock won't be too small. My goal is to find the correct gauge & the right pattern for me. I so want to use that sock yarn creates fairisle-type patterns all by itself. Jigsaw Sock Yarn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, I love Opal yarn and have blogged about it many times. The pattern I use with my Opals uses size 2 needles and a cast on of 64 stitches. I have fairly large feet and could probably cast on a few more stitches but 64 works for me.

Lizzie said...

I think my sock yarn socks were 64 sts, too, with a size 2 needle.

A Couple of Little Projects