Sunday, May 06, 2007

An attempt at socks

Now that I have some other major knitting projects completed, I'm back at attempting to knit socks using 2-Cirs.

I'm still stuck at the same place that I always seem to get stuck at. I did the leg, the heel flap and the heel turn. Now comes"picking up Gusset Stitches". Like....what's a gusset??? It must be important.

So the heel flap is done, now what? I'm supposed knit or maybe pick up sts. "along the heel flap."

Then, "In the intersection of the heel flap and instep, pick up a stitch." (instep??? This is another important part of the puzzle. Ha!) I'm so lost!

I know how to pick up sts.along an edge, but I don't have a clue what to do after I have them picked up. I'm at the mercy of my knitting friends. Maybe....I never will become addicted to sock knitting, but I will get these done. I don't like to have a pattern that will get the better of me. Hopefully, I can get to my LYS for some much needed help.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

The gusset is the triangular section that makes the sock "turn the corner." The instep is the part of the sock that covers the top of your foot. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/FEATsocks101.html

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished