Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sock Fiasco!

I thought that things were going too well with socks, esp.; since I'm a beginner. I was a little leery of the heel flap, but I got through that part OK. Then....it was time to do the heel turn. What a mess! I can't even explain where things went wrong, but let's just say that it no where near resembles a sock or anything like it.

I probably misunderstood the directions. It said to work back & forth on X number of stitches & let the "other stitches rest". I guess I missed the part where I was supposed to wake them up & put them back into action. Tomorrow is another day. I'll try & figure out how much I have to rip out & how much I can salvage.

I'm still trying to figure out the part where "knitting socks can become addicting."

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Once you figure it out, you'll go DOH! Like a lot of things, it's easy once you know what you're doing! :))

Anonymous said...

If you Google "Socks 101" it has great pics on knitting socks. You'll find it very helpful. I'm not sure why your blog is not flagging me...ugh! I've missed a lot so I will now get caught up.

2 Baby Girl Sweaters Finished